To apply, please email CV and covering letter to email@example.com or complete the form below.
Part-Time Administrative Assistant:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our friendly team at our clubhouse, in the stunning environment of Chichester Marina. This is a varied and interesting part-time role (3 days per week) to support and occasionally deputise for the Operations Manage and ensure efficient administration of the Club’s activities.
The job is based at the reception desk and the main duties are to:
- greet members and visitors, answer telephone calls and emails
- enter and update information on the Club’s databases for memberships, training courses and functions
- occasionally write the weekly newsletter using Mailchimp
- administer the dinghy park, assign berths and collect payments
- take and record daily payments, complete end-of-day reconciliation, and occasionally bank weekly takings
- prepare and distribute advertising and promotional materials for memberships and for club and private functions
- purchase office supplies and equipment, and prizes for events
- supervise cleaning contractors and monitor general upkeep of Club
- assist bar, restaurant and function staff with administration and occasionally with service
- Offer some administrative support to the Motor, Dinghy and Yacht sections
- deputise for the Operations Manager.
This is a part-time permanent post, with a probationary period of 3 months.
The post will require working some Saturdays and Sundays (1 in 3) and some Bank Holidays, generally with a 10/10:30 am start at weekends although some flexibility would be helpful during the peak sailing season.
Skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Strong interpersonal and customer facing
- self organising administrator
- Microsoft Office including Excel and Access.
- Flexibility and team-working
- Boating experience in dinghies, yachts or motors
- small business and/or event experience is desirable.
We are looking to appoint as soon as possible ; however if the ideal applicant needs to give notice, we will be happy to wait.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to Mrs Manu Jenkin, Club Operations Manager, Chichester Yacht Club, Chichester Marina, Birdham Road, Chichester, PO20 7EJ.
Applicants must have documented proof of right to work in UK.
Complete the contact form to enquire about Jobs with Chichester Yacht Club.